I love motivational quotes. Like many we use it to inspire us. One of the most famous quotes was from the sixties. John F Kennedy’s, “ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.” That one powerful quote helped galvanize an entire nation to do their part in making the United States a leader in the world.
Motivation quotes are a great way to inspire people to stop procrastinating and take action towards their goals. I’ve seen this used many times in the sports world before championship games. It’s been proven to be effective in getting people into an action oriented mindset.
My office has inspirational quotes in front of my desk pasted on my vision board. It’s a daily reminder everyday on why I need to keep working every day. There are moments when my mind does begin to wander especially on a sunny day where I prefer to be outside than working. Just having a look at my vision board outlining all the dreams I have is enough to re-set my focus. It doesn’t have to be about money. It can be things you find important to your life. Perhaps traveling, better friends, attracting the ideal mate, winning a sports event, a new car, or house.
Inspirational quotes can also have a profound effect on your mood. Reading them out daily will give you a quick boost in energy thereby increasing your happiness.
Reading a favorite quote on a daily basis can be used as an affirmation. When you repeat this process over and over again it gives you a positive mindset. Some championship football teams have dedicated an entire season based on one quote.
The Power Of Affirmation Quotes In My Life
I have an app on my desktop computer which scrolls my favorite affirmations and quotes every few seconds across my screen. These motivational quotes have helped me in both athletics and everything outside of it to be the best I can be.
I’m true believer in reading affirmations and motivational quotes on a daily basis especially in the morning after I get up. If you wish put one on your phone. Just make sure the quote resonates with you. For me I’ve always enjoyed sports so the majority of my quotes comes from athletics. If you are more of a spiritual person than perhaps a quote rooted in spirituality would be more ideal. Whatever the case all of us can benefit from the use of motivational quotes.
When I was in my twenties the issue of living with regret never entered my mind. When we are young, we always believe we have a ton of time in this world to do what we want. It’s fascinating how quickly time passes us by. Before you know it half of your life is almost over. That’s based on if you live to the average age of 80. Suddenly, you ask yourself an honest question, “what have I accomplished in my life?” Most would say, “not enough.”
As I hit my forties I became more reflective. It was important for me to decide what I wanted my legacy to be. I decided I wanted to be more than just a teacher of martial arts to a local community. There is nothing wrong with that. I just believe I was put on this earth to do more. That revelation brought me to consider public speaking and creating my own brand of products. This is a way I can touch more people’s lives around the world.
Live Life Without Regrets My Friend
I attended a Toastmasters event yesterday. Met a young man by the name of Vaughn. His passion was music. He was somewhat conflicted as his father wanted him to get a stable career job and not see his son suffer in poverty.
I approached Vaughn after his heart felt presentation and told him how his speech reminded me of him at that age. It was obvious from his speech that he was a natural performer. I encouraged him to continue on his path as a musician but also think outside of the box.
I added there are a lot of other things he could do to keep him involved with music if he doesn’t end up making the big time. The internet offers us a vast amount of opportunities to reach out to the rest of the world. Remember to be flexible in your approach when taking action towards your goals. Stay committed but be prepared to take alternate routes when necessary.
Below I’ve compiled 25 of my favorite quotes on living your live without regret…
1. You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love – Jim Carrey
2. Never regret! If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.
3. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.
4. The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
5. Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
6. The only people who fear death are the ones with regret.
7. Nobody who gave their best regretted it.
8. The price of discipline is always less than the pain of regret.
9. Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.
10. Dream without limits. Live without regrets.
11. Regret is the only wound from which the soul never recovers.
12. Don’t go through life. Grow through life.
13. I have no regrets. I wouldn’t have lived the live I did if I was going to worry about what other people are going to say.
14. We must suffer one or two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.
15. Don’t pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.
16. In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take.
17. I regret my past, I regret the time I wasted with the wrong people.
18. Do not regret getting older. It’s a privilege denied to many.
19. I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.
20. Love life and life will love you back.
21. What you resist persists.
22. When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone hold the pen.
23. I hated every minute of training, but I said don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion. – Muhammad Ali
24. A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted 30 years of his life.
25. Impossible is not a fact, it’s an opinion.
Go out there today and start living life! You won’t regret it. I hope you enjoyed this article. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend if you are living in Canada. If you don’t live in Canada then have a great weekend!
Once again please feel free to Like, Tweet or comment below if you found this article informative.