When experts speak about personal development the word success always goes hand and hand with money. However, success is more than just financial. To me it means living your life authentically according to your values and true purpose.
One of those values for me is optimum health. Feeling great and energized is in my opinion the foundation that drives success in other areas of my life. Without it, it would be like running a high performance sports car on the lowest grade of gasoline. You may get to your destination but it’s not going to be the smoothest ride there.
A healthy diet is the key to having the energy to motivate you to achieve your goals. Eating healthy does not always mean bland tasteless dishes. Even for people who eat a clean diet it’s easy to crave a nice slice of cake once in a while.
However, the good news is there are healthy homemade treats for all you dessert lovers. I call them almond chocolate banana bites and are absolutely delicious without the guilt.
- Chopped bananas
- Dark organic chocolate
- Chopped almonds
- Chop up bananas and place them on a plate or baking sheet with wax paper, place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove bananas from freezer
- Boil a pot of water and place a metal bowl with dark chocolate on top, stir until melted. Keep on low heat to keep chocolate from hardening
- Use a spoon and dip banana in the dark chocolate, place on wax sheet, sprinkle them with almonds
- When finished place them into the freezer for 1 or 2 hours and enjoy!